twitter
    Meetkinn has moved! (Click the bird to follow!)

Are your balls where you think they are?

Here's a little post about my friend lim yong. Not the best person to hope to be there at you next sisha session, nor a person ud see often at your next drinking session you plan. But a good friend indeed.

A couple of years back, heres how he used to be.


Now. Hes a photograher by passion. (or i would say some sort of it)
Well who guessed that he would come to find some talent of photography in him.

I must say you never know what kind of talent lies inside you till you really got the chance to try everything.

My psychology lecturer said at this lecture which i was absent, that we normally dont turn out in life like how we actually planned it would be. Which brings us the question. Why doesn't it?

I can still remember the times when i was younger, that i would want to be a police officer, i mean who wouldnt as a kid? Its uber cool, u get to hold a gun, and chicks dig you.

This is how i would have turned out to be.


Then when i grew older, i noticed that chicks dont exactly dig msian cops. Due to certain problems with thier pay roll.

And i thought i wont want to be in charge of taking care of these problems.


So then, despite the various ambitions i threw away while i was "maturing", growing up made me change my perspective, and i ended up in med school.

Guys, med school isn't what you think it is. The thing that they show u while you watch House M.D is the "fun" part. The not so fun part is when you have to burn 6 years of your life, and one semester drawing kiddy drawings like this.

Its a nervous track. But it looks more like a preschool kids drawing. (ill post more about it later)

I must say that its not really easy being in med school. Its not the admission, its not the buttload of things to study. Its the drive, which is essential.

If you dont have the drive, or the reason behind why you wanted to do someting in life, you'll end up in a sittuation where i call "why-the-f*ck-am-i-here-sittuation" it normally comes with this facial expression.


I think that the malaysian "growing up" system is kinda messed up. Parents expect kids to turn up as lawyers, doctors, politicians, engineers. All which are classfied in the "standard jobs". If you refuse, they say:

"someones gonna get a hurt, real baddddd!"


The reason is because they fear for thier little boy's or little girl's future. They rather them take a safe path, and end up well fed in the future. But really, a doctors pay is crappy low in msia. Due to the unlimited supply of doctors.

But really, do we need so many of these standard jobs in this world? I wonder.

We all have a dream job, maybe a pilot, professional hairstylist like Zohan, or maybe a professional pole dancer. Well who knows. My cousin which is an architect, well i think he has a cool job. I mean, architects, (according to girls, are hot.) You spend time creating buildings from nothing. Moreover, you leave a mark on earth before you leave it. He does have a passion in architecture, and a passion in marine life. Add that two dreams together, and you get an architect who designs aquariums. UBER.

He was in the project designing the Aquaria aquarium in klcc. (If your reading this couz, do drop a comment)

Aquaria.



Life need not always be that path which you are forced to take. Sometimes it just requires:

Some balls.


And belief in your dreams and talent. Like this dog being a giraffe.



Its like The Road Not Taken. By Robert Frost.

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20


If you had not seen this poem before. You didnt pay enough attention to your Literature In English class.

Oh yeah, back to my friend. Heres a picture he took. I call it road to a black tunnel. Creative eh? Who knows what he calls it. Kudos to you lim.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!

I HAVE MOVED.

Hey there! Thanks for stumbling upon my blog. I have currently moved to a new website hosting more amazing photos and of my work. Do hop over to meetkinn.com right now!
Related Posts with Thumbnails